I spent the weekend in western Connecticut at the lovely Inn at GrayBarns and saw an ad in a local design magazine for and fell madly in love with their work and website. This husband and wife team really have a unique but classic style I adore.
I am particularly amazed by this modern yet totally English-farmhouse feeling home called ““.
This living room is looks both influenced by Manhattan and the country in equal measure. I love the painted millwork and the color of the floors in literally perfect.
Minimalist and yet not too cold. Not exactly my personal style, but I can really appreciate the push and pull between the styles.
Those brass switchplates are making my morning.
I adore the kitchen. Classic materials like soapstone and wood counters look fresh and modern in here.
That FAUCET! (And sink. And hardware.)
The simplicity but incredible craftsmanship of these cabinets is effortless.
This home is seriously a master class in millwork.
I’d like to sit here with a good book and cup of tea, wouldn’t you?
Such simple but thoroughly thought out and thoughtFUL spaces.
Did I mention the exterior is a gem too? #dreamhouse
Some suggestions to get this look, including
1. // 2. // 3. // 4. // 5. // 6. // 7. // // 9. // 10. // 11.
Photography by Amanda Kirkpatrick,
is a decorator’s decorator. I would hire him in a minute to do my own house without question and let him just go to town. I imagine we’d have a Chip-and Joanna reveal and I would cry and hug him and all would be right in the world.
Anyways, he’s a genius with impeccable taste. Case in point, his bedroom in the . I. AM. OBSESSED.
I’m on a train back from a work trip to NYC and way behind on , well, everything so here’s a quick post sharing some recent finds/purchases of mine/ for my clients that I am just loving…..
- I just got this faux fur blanket for bed and it is THE BEST faux I have ever had. OBSESSED.
- I also got these Juliska mugs and they make me SO happy every time I make coffee in the morning. Perfect size, weight, handle, etc.
- I splurged on two of these Aerin frames for my house and they are like jewelry for my side tables. SO good.
- Sometimes it’s the little things- this spoon rest came back with me from Vermont and its adorable and functional.
- We are using these on a project and I am OBSESSED with this print. OBSESSED.
- Kayce Hughes just did some small commissions for us, but I am loving for myself :)
- I needed toy storage for our new family room but also wanted it to function as secondary seating. Enter – well made, offers lots of space for Legos and dinosaurs and a perfect perch for when entertaining. I’m having a custom cushion made for the top.
- After seeing a similar color on my trip to New York at Roman & Williams insanely good Guild shop/restaurant, I’m really wanting to paint a paneled library in a high gloss formula of Ben Moore’s Templeton Gray.
- I picked up a couple of these art stands, so perfect for propping up small paintings or prints on bookshelves or consoles.
- We ordered two of for a New York City project and I cannot wait to see them in person. Breathtaking.
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!!!
I have been OBSESSED with this room at the Lake Forest Showhouse by since the moment I saw it on Instagram. Those green lacquer walls and the mix of modern and traditional is PERFECTION. This color is HOT HOT HOT right now. I’ve been seeing vendors like Ballard stocking , so you know it’s a color that is en fuego .
I saw these pictures of the other day and loved the modern-meets-Granny-chic look of it. It’s glossy and glam but then also traditional and feminine. I thought it would make the perfect inspiration for an amazing bedroom design.