I was asked by the folks at Bravo’s new hit show to create a dream outdoor space based on this inspiration image- a city roof deck perfect for lounging and dining. The timing is perfect since it’s finally outdoor weather here in the Northeast! Now, they said I could make it any shape, size, etc. so my layout is based on something similar tot his but with a more rectangular shape….
I immediately knew I wanted something modern but with a hint of tradition, black and white with a bold dash of color. As most of you know, I’m very inspired by Mary McDOnald’s style and I think this space kind of reflects her glamour with my own personal love of laid back living. So here’s the board I came up with….
And here’s my concept for a layout- dedicated spaces for lounging, sunbathing and dining- what more could you want in a roof deck (well, in previews for this week’s episode, I know Martyn thinks a pool would make it “delicious”!)
Here are the sources and notes for the board above!
1. Hedges planted atop side walls.
2. Back pillows of banquette in white Sunbrella fabric trimmed in Kravet Coral outdoor
3. Banquette seat cushions in Perennials Big Stripe in Black Tie.
4. Wally Wall via Design Within Reach.
5. Planter via Design Within Reach.
6. Custom designed banquette by Erin Gates Designs.
7. Banquette pillows in Trina Turk Fronds Outdoor fabric through F. Schumacher.
8. Dining Chairs by Obrien Ironworks.
9. String lights (woven into trellis above dining table) via Restoration Hardware.
10. Lanterns above dining table via Tazi Designs.
11. Fire table via Restoration Hardware.
12. Stone greyhounds via Restoration Hardware.
13. Dining Table via Restoration Hardware.
14. Chaises via Janus et Cie.
15. Garden stool via Mecox Gardens.
16. Chaise lumbar pillows in Perennials City Kitty.
17. Chaise in coral Kravet outdoor fabric piped in black Kravet outdoor fabric.
18. Retractable awning above banquette.
19. Outdoor rug via Home Decorators Collection.